Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Where have I been?

This blog has been 6 months in the making. It truly was not that hard, it was the "getter done" piece of the puzzle that took so long. Well, today is launch day, no fooling. So where have I been? What have I been up to?

Recently I attended an awesome AHDI-WEST regional conference in Sacramento, California, to include an Advocacy Day. I now have enough leads from Michelle, California Senator Ducheny's healthcare aide, to keep me busy through Christmas and beyond.

I have also been working on a regional curriculum build in San Diego/Imperial counties, with colleagues Kathy Striebel and Judy Dolan; that was March 14 and Peter Preziosi and Kim Buchanan were our guest speakers. More on that in future blogs.

Last week was Grossmont Community College curriculum review, working toward ACCP approval for our healthcare documentation program and we made it through the current hoops, only 3 years in the making.

April starts off with a bang with an on-line BOD meeting today, a trip to Magalia house over spring break, a healthcare fair at Grossmont promoting PHR campaign, and then off to MTIA in Kentucky, April 22 to 26.

There's so much more to share. Healthcare documentation professionals from near and far, join me in this conversation about you, about us, about the profession, about the future; let's voice this journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment